Register for the upcoming AWS Chicago Suburb event The Power of Cloud Foundry. In this event, the attendees will obtain an understanding of how Cloud Foundry works including:
• Introduction to Cloud Foundry
• Main features
• Advantages and disadvantages of Cloud Foundry
• Brief overview of how to implement Cloud Foundry in your organization
• Demo and review of how Cloud Foundry could complement existing frameworks
• Q&A session
The GOTO Chicago and Scala Days teams will be having a holiday party celebrating the GOTO Chicago and Scala Days. Learn more about these two conference that will be held in Chicago 2017 by attending the party on December 1st.
Live in the Chicagoland area and interested in Angular? A new Meetup group for likeminded people is for you. If you have a passion, or even a passing interest in Angular join them.
Join Microsoft’s Annual Virtual Connect(); 2016 live stream to watch keynotes and deep dive technical sessions led by Executive Vice President Scott Guthrie, Principal Program Manager Scott Hanselman, and other industry innovators.
Sign up for a free hands-on day of learning Microsoft Azure Machine Learning (ML) on Thursday November 17th. This data camp will teach you:
- Common machine learning algorithms
- Data sourcing options and model-building prep
- Selecting and setting up your first model
- Building predictive experiments
- Understanding and interpreting the output
I have some upcoming speaking engagements I’m pretty proud of:
• DevOps Chicago Community Roadshow: I’ll be the keynote speaker kicking off the event for 100 or so techies who are passionate about DevOps. This is a Microsoft sponsored event at their downtown Chicago office on Friday April 15th.
• Chicago Code Camp: I’ll be presenting on using Amazon’s services for serverless applications. This is a Chicago community sponsored event on the IIT campus on Saturday April 30th.
• Chicago Open Days: I’ll be presenting on DevOps to Microsoft MVPs and Regional Directors. This is event held for Microsoft MVPs and RDs in Midwest region at the Microsoft Downers Grove office on Saturday June 4th.
• Visual Studio Live – Redmond : The two proposals I submitted were selected and I’ll be presenting on the Redmond Campus in August. The presentations on Real World VSTS (Visual Studio Team Services) Usage for the Enterprise and Enterprise Reporting from VSTS. VS Live is an organization that hosts six events across the US annually.
This month’s Chicago ALM UG topic will be Getting Started with TFS2015’s build system. Paul Hacker (@pjhacker) will be covering the versions the of TFS build system, show you the technical implementation and describe the benefits of having the ability to execute cross-platform builds.
Dinner starts at 6pm and the presentation will start at 6:30pm.
When: Wednesday April 13th
What: 6:00 Dinner and networking, 6:30pm Main Presentation
Where: Microsoft’s Downtown Chicago Office @ 200 E Randolph on the 2nd Floor
SpotHero has great parking near to the Aon Center for as little as $10